Van der Waals forces
From Eterna Wiki
The van der Waals forces are all the attractive or repulsive forces between molecules other than those due to covalent bonds, hydrogen bonds, or electrostatic interactions of ions. They include:
- force between two permanent dipoles (Keesom force)
- force between a permanent dipole and a corresponding induced dipole (Debye force)
- force between two instantaneously induced dipoles (London dispersion force).
- An easily accesible introduction to what van der Waals forces are, and how they work.
- For a spectacular example of what van der Waals forces can do
Biologically inspired adhesive tape can be reused thousands of times