Eternacon/2018/Committee Meeting Chat Logs/5-30-2018

From Eterna Wiki

Jennifer Pearl: ‎Hi everyone ‎[3:57 PM]

Astromon: ‎hey Jen! ‎[3:57 PM]

tone: ‎all aboard fer sum flips? ‎[3:58 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎you know it ‎[3:58 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎but first eternacon planning ‎[3:58 PM]

Astromon: ‎haha sure and eterna chat (: ‎[3:58 PM]

Astromon: ‎ive been gathering art jen < ‎[3:59 PM]

Astromon: ‎and trying to nail down some speakers :D ‎[3:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎nice ‎[3:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎thanks ‎[4:00 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎I plan on contacting presenters today so if you could email me their names i will contact them ‎[4:00 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i will only be online for about 30 min for todays meeting and then LFP6 will take over. I have stuff at work ‎[4:01 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎that being said lets start teh eternacon meeting ‎[4:01 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎who all is here today? ‎[4:02 PM]

LFP6: ‎Raises Hand ‎[4:03 PM]

Astromon: ‎ok, when i asked hog to make the puzzle seesion , i also asked if could do another switch presentation also, , I think he answered to the puzzle making only ‎[4:03 PM]

Astromon: ‎thats the extent of the list, hog ‎[4:04 PM]

Astromon: ‎Im here haha ‎[4:04 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎@astro thanks I will get clarification when I contact him today ‎[4:04 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎need to put that on the list of peopel to contact ‎[4:04 PM]

Astromon: ‎cool ‎[4:04 PM]

Astromon: ‎masterS has this new phylo tool, and its fantastic ‎[4:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎so it looks like we wont be able to get laptops from Stanford since we are having he event on the weekend ‎[4:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎also we cant get AV assistance for teh same reason ‎[4:06 PM]

Astromon: ‎would love to see it presented ‎[4:06 PM]

Astromon: ‎aww ‎[4:06 PM]

LFP6: ‎Wait, we cant get laptops either? ‎[4:07 PM]

LFP6: ‎Could’ve sworn we’ve been able to before ‎[4:07 PM]

Astromon: ‎was that the case last year? ‎[4:07 PM]

LFP6: ‎AV I’m not surprised though ‎[4:07 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎From the email form Dr. Michael ‎[4:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎Attached is your confirmation for Eternacon on Aug 11th and 12th in LK120. PLEASE NOTE: We are unfortunately unable to accomodate the AV assitance as well as the laptops requested for your event. This is due to your event taking place ‎[4:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎er Dr. Gotrik ‎[4:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎is there a way we could rent some? ‎[4:09 PM]

LFP6: ‎Maybe someone from the area would know if there’s a place that does that…? ‎[4:10 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎so foundthis on the web ‎[4:11 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎ ‎[4:11 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎\ ‎[4:11 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎Maybe we can get Rhiju to do this with eternacon funds ‎[4:12 PM]

LFP6: ‎I think that’d be viable ‎[4:12 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎we would have to request a quote ‎[4:12 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎Lets make that one of things we take care of today when we talk laer ‎[4:12 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎later ‎[4:12 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎askign Rhiju if he will do ti ‎[4:13 PM]

Astromon: ‎99 each ‎[4:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎oh thanks Astro did not see the parices before ‎[4:13 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’ll ask about what it’d look like for a weekend in their support chat ‎[4:13 PM]

LFP6: ‎Dunno if that’d change anything ‎[4:14 PM]

LFP6: ‎As that’s particularly short term ‎[4:14 PM]

LFP6: ‎How many were we looking for? 15? ‎[4:15 PM]

LFP6: ‎Just to have a rough number ‎[4:15 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i think since we will be renting abotu 15 will be good ‎[4:16 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎1 laptop per team of 2 people maybe ‎[4:16 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i would liek it to be teams of 3 people to get people conversing and mingling with each other ‎[4:16 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎what do you guys think? ‎[4:17 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎about the teams idea? ‎[4:18 PM]

LFP6: ‎Makes sense to me ‎[4:20 PM]

Astromon: ‎3 is good ‎[4:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎@LFP^ just saw your request in IM on SLack I will look into it today ‎[4:21 PM]

LFP6: ‎Thanks ‎[4:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎sounds…fun ‎[4:21 PM]

LFP6: ‎What minimum specs would a laptop need to run Eterna properly? ‎[4:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎not sure. not an old one at least ‎[4:22 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎would want it to be ablet o fold NUPACK reaonably ‎[4:22 PM]

LFP6: ‎"we can do an i5 or amd compatible system with 4gb ram for $95.00 each up to one week including transportation if that would work for you.‎[4:22 PM]

LFP6: ‎" ‎[4:22 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎is that from their tech support ‎[4:22 PM]

LFP6: ‎From their sales chat ‎[4:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎I think an i5 would be ok what generation is it? ‎[4:23 PM]

Astromon: ‎better not be a nupak puzzle heh ‎[4:24 PM]

LFP6: ‎While I look into that… I think its high time we announce the date and registration ‎[4:24 PM]

LFP6: ‎Did you get a chance to check over the form jen? ‎[4:24 PM]

LFP6: ‎Also, will the specific timings be the same as last year? ‎[4:24 PM]

Astromon: ‎might as well ‎[4:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i think the timing was good last year. ‎[4:25 PM]

LFP6: ‎Cool ‎[4:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎Waht time did we start last year ‎[4:25 PM]

LFP6: ‎9 ‎[4:25 PM]

LFP6: ‎Arrival at 8 on Saturday to get settled ‎[4:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎9 is a good time to start ‎[4:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i like that schedule ‎[4:26 PM]

LFP6: ‎I think the only potential blocker for sending out a registration news item would be specifics for housing, correct? ‎[4:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎for the AV we need to gove 4 hour increments and time for the unit to cool down inbetween ‎[4:26 PM]

LFP6: ‎Ie, getting Michael to reserve a block ‎[4:26 PM]

LFP6: ‎At SGH ‎[4:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎so prob best to have it coool down durring lunch ‎[4:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎which would be at 1 if we start at 9 ‎[4:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎@LFP6 that is a good point ‎[4:28 PM]

LFP6: ‎Also, btw "second generation i5. We have 6th gen we can do $110.00 each ‎[4:28 PM]

LFP6: ‎" ‎[4:28 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎not too much more for 6th gen ‎[4:28 PM]

LFP6: ‎Yeah ‎[4:28 PM]

LFP6: ‎We can bring it up to Rhiju, it’s also possible he might know of another way to get loaners ‎[4:28 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎8th is the latest so csounds ok to me ‎[4:29 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎I agree lets talk with Rhiju ‎[4:29 PM]

LFP6: ‎Ok, so should we wait for the room block and then announce as soon as that’s available? ‎[4:30 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎I would like to get the announcement out as soon as possible… ‎[4:30 PM]

LFP6: ‎I can post it and say “information on lodging will be available within the next week or two” ‎[4:31 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎but we should have teh rooms on teh announcement. It pains me to say this but we should wait ‎[4:31 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’ll check with mgotrik to see how long it’ll be ‎[4:31 PM]

LFP6: ‎If it’ll be much longer I’ll just post, otherwise I’ll wait ‎[4:31 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎I agree ‎[4:32 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎if it is a cday or tow then wait if it will take a week then go for it ‎[4:32 PM]

LFP6: ‎Got ya ‎[4:33 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎just sent you a IM in slack LFP6 ‎[4:35 PM]

LFP6: ‎Got it ‎[4:35 PM]

LFP6: ‎Ok, is there anything else that should be discussed right now ‎[4:36 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i just realized i went opast 1:30… ‎[4:37 PM]

Astromon: ‎a bit (: ‎[4:38 PM]

LFP6: ‎Working on lodging, registration, sessions, and laptops. Next steps I think will be meals/catering, shirts, and the info packet ‎[4:38 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’ll also coordinate with Amanda to make sure we’re set to start handling reimbursements ‎[4:38 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎thanks LFP6 ‎[4:39 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎Lets work on getting a design made for the shirts ‎[4:39 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎I would lenjoy it if we had another design that was designed by one of our artists ‎[4:39 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎or maybe stndardized a pattern for eteracon and do variations oof it each year ‎[4:40 PM]

LFP6: ‎Sharif handled all our graphics last year ‎[4:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎Can you and Astro look into that ‎[4:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i need to go ‎[4:40 PM]

LFP6: ‎Yup sounds good ‎[4:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎LFP6 can you take care of teh caht log ‎[4:40 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’ll put a chat long in the Wiki, now that that’s available ‎[4:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎great ‎[4:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎we need to update that as well ‎[4:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎going offline ‎[4:41 PM]

LFP6: ‎Already did ‎[4:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎afk ‎[4:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎great ‎[4:41 PM]

LFP6: ‎See ya Jen! ‎[4:41 PM]

Astromon: ‎o/ ‎[4:41 PM]

Astromon: ‎design for what sry ‎[4:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎see ya…now im really afk ‎[4:41 PM]

Astromon: ‎haha ‎[4:41 PM]

LFP6: ‎@Astro Shirts and such ‎[4:42 PM]

Astromon: ‎oH ok ‎[4:42 PM]

Astromon: ‎ramlyn was asking about how to get shirts from last year ‎[4:45 PM]

Astromon: ‎was any ever sold? ‎[4:45 PM]

Astromon: ‎i wanted one to ‎[4:45 PM]

LFP6: ‎We never set up a store page ‎[4:45 PM]

LFP6: ‎So they were only available to in-person attendees ‎[4:45 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’ll have to look into it again this year ‎[4:46 PM]

LFP6: ‎(We had actually discussed an e-store for generic Eterna merch) ‎[4:46 PM]

Astromon: ‎aH ok ‎[4:48 PM]

Astromon: ‎should i see if nessa wants to design an eternacon shirt? ‎[4:49 PM]

LFP6: ‎Shrug ‎[4:57 PM]

LFP6: ‎Her art style generally isn’t conducive to shirts, but idk ‎[4:58 PM]

Astromon: ‎yeah ‎[5:04 PM]