Eternacon/2018/Committee Meeting Chat Logs/5-2-2018

From Eterna Wiki

LFP6: ‎Hey all ‎[4:01 PM]

LFP6: ‎Chat time indeed ‎[4:01 PM]

Astromon: ‎@Lfp6 Ben made a post at getstat, i think you will be interested in ‎[4:01 PM]

LFP6: ‎Yep, I’ll have to reply to it at some point ‎[4:01 PM]

Astromon: ‎(: ‎[4:02 PM]

LFP6: ‎Ok, so looking over the survey right now, we’ve gotten a fair amount more responses ‎[4:03 PM]

Astromon: ‎nice ‎[4:03 PM]

LFP6: ‎As we need to pick a date ‎[4:03 PM]

LFP6: ‎@Astro Quick question for you, do you recognize the username lnksmlap? ‎[4:03 PM]

Astromon: ‎ive seen it ‎[4:04 PM]

Astromon: ‎them* ‎[4:04 PM]

LFP6: ‎Sorry for the lack of chat atm, need to check in on some restrictions for timing ‎[4:07 PM]

Astromon: ‎sure np ‎[4:07 PM]

LFP6: ‎All right, let me start out with this ‎[4:08 PM]

LFP6: ‎Looks like the convergence is August 11-12 ‎[4:09 PM]

LFP6: ‎That said, I’m still finishing working out my schedule, and the week before doesn’t look bad, so it’s possible that may be needed as a fallback ‎[4:09 PM]

Astromon: ‎18-19 looks great ‎[4:10 PM]

Astromon: ‎11-12 will work! ‎[4:10 PM]

LFP6: ‎Oops, let me explain the colors ‎[4:10 PM]

Astromon: ‎mostly digital attendies looks like ‎[4:11 PM]

whbob: ‎how many responses? ‎[4:13 PM]

LFP6: ‎So blue is likely to attend in person, red is possibly able to attend in person, orange is likely digital, green is possible digital, purple is not at all ‎[4:13 PM]

Astromon: ‎oH ok ‎[4:14 PM]

LFP6: ‎Some people left some/all slots blank though, but for the most part they’d still fit in this range ‎[4:14 PM]

LFP6: ‎@Whbob 16 ‎[4:14 PM]

LFP6: ‎Not quite as high as I’d like, but probably enough for a quorum given that we need to start reserving things, people need to get flights, etc ‎[4:15 PM]

LFP6: ‎Would everyone be ok with Jen and I making an executive decision regarding the date in a few dats, so that I can get my plans finalized? ‎[4:15 PM]

Astromon: ‎what does 16 compair to last years ‎[4:15 PM]

LFP6: ‎(And possibly get another couple submissions) ‎[4:15 PM]

LFP6: ‎Last year we had like 37 fill out the form, but it was open for quite a while ‎[4:16 PM]

Astromon: ‎seems about the same no? ‎[4:16 PM]

LFP6: ‎If I remember correctly ‎[4:16 PM]

Astromon: ‎oH ok ‎[4:16 PM]

LFP6: ‎The 16 is number of submissions. ‎[4:16 PM]

LFP6: ‎Not number in person ‎[4:16 PM]

LFP6: ‎Plus Jen and I haven’t filled it out yet ‎[4:16 PM]

LFP6: ‎But we’re both *mostly flexible ‎[4:16 PM]

Astromon: ‎its still early yet ‎[4:16 PM]

LFP6: ‎Got lost - Would everyone be ok with Jen and I making an executive decision regarding the date in a few dats, so that I can get my plans finalized (and possibly pull in a couple more submissions)? ‎[4:17 PM]

whbob: ‎OK ‎[4:18 PM]

Astromon: ‎@lfp6 yes please make a decision, when you see fit to. ‎[4:18 PM]

LFP6: ‎It will likely be either the 4th or the 11th though ‎[4:19 PM]

Astromon: ‎sounds perfect ‎[4:19 PM]

Martin007: ‎the ‎[4:21 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’m just reformatting the spreadsheet with the form responses on it real quick ‎[4:22 PM]

Astromon: ‎cool ‎[4:24 PM]

Astromon: ‎hi martin ‎[4:24 PM]

Astromon: ‎20 TB designs have been submitted since 4pm, im running out of time!!! ‎[4:25 PM]

LFP6: ‎Jennifer just let me know she’ll be joining us shortly ‎[4:26 PM]

Astromon: ‎YAY! jen! ‎[4:26 PM]

whbob: ‎@ astro: I’m running out of ideas :) ‎[4:26 PM]

Astromon: ‎haha indeed (: ‎[4:27 PM]

Astromon: ‎i need 66 more to fill inc ‎[4:27 PM]

LFP6: ‎So, it’s official: ‎[4:28 PM]

LFP6: ‎There’s a convergence ‎[4:28 PM]

LFP6: ‎Excitingly, we have 12 people willing to present ‎[4:29 PM]

Astromon: ‎wow! ‎[4:30 PM]

LFP6: ‎Decent mix I think to ‎[4:31 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎hi ‎[4:33 PM]

LFP6: ‎Welcome, welcome ‎[4:33 PM]

Astromon: ‎hey jen! ‎[4:33 PM]

LFP6: ‎Someone needs to keep me on track lol ‎[4:34 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎lol ‎[4:34 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎do we have any word on teh wiki yet ‎[4:34 PM]

LFP6: ‎Oh, right ‎[4:34 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎just thought about that ‎[4:35 PM]

LFP6: ‎I need to go fix or bypass the captcha ‎[4:35 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’ll try and take care of that tonight ‎[4:35 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎ok great ‎[4:35 PM]

LFP6: ‎But at least it hasn’t been crashing! ‎[4:35 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎as soon as we have a date set we shuold start updating th ings with that info… wiki included ‎[4:35 PM]

LFP6: ‎At that point we can also make a news post and put up the registration form ‎[4:36 PM]

LFP6: ‎And of course look to mgotrik to help us reserve things ‎[4:36 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎yep ‎[4:36 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎would be good if we had the room figured out though before registration goes out ‎[4:36 PM]

LFP6: ‎Thoughts about the one we’ve used in the past vs the one from this year? ‎[4:37 PM]

LFP6: ‎*this past ‎[4:37 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎pros andn cons for both ‎[4:37 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i prefered teh video form the first yar ‎[4:37 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎not a fan of how the audio wasn video was going on last year ‎[4:37 PM]

Astromon: ‎this is true ‎[4:38 PM]

whbob: ‎was that blue jeans? ‎[4:38 PM]

LFP6: ‎Zoom last year ‎[4:38 PM]

Astromon: ‎took a while to get the rt screen to show durring presentations ‎[4:38 PM]

LFP6: ‎Stanford switched services ‎[4:38 PM]

LFP6: ‎That’s unrelated to the room, and I could probably help keep things going smoother this time around ‎[4:39 PM]

whbob: ‎yeah, but the other one was better aduio ‎[4:39 PM]

Astromon: ‎the art pres was done very well but the pictures never was shown ‎[4:39 PM]

LFP6: ‎Mmm, thought it was ‎[4:40 PM]

LFP6: ‎Maybe not ‎[4:40 PM]

Astromon: ‎thats true Lp6 will be there (: ‎[4:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎oh so bluejean si not available anymore ‎[4:40 PM]

LFP6: ‎Zoom is almost identical though ‎[4:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i fno difference for service tehn last years room was slightly better ‎[4:41 PM]

LFP6: ‎I highly doubt that would impact the sound quality - if anything I think it would help ‎[4:41 PM]

LFP6: ‎I thought there was a specific reason I liked the room from last year when we considered it, but looking at the info again I can’t seem to figure out why ‎[4:42 PM]

LFP6: ‎I’m thinking the older room would probably be preferred ‎[4:42 PM]

LFP6: ‎Or did you find some specific benefit with the one we used Jen? ‎[4:43 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i liked how close it was to the hospital cafetreia and the open courtyard ‎[4:44 PM]

LFP6: ‎There was a nice patio by 120 if I remember correctly ‎[4:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎also everyone was closer to the presenters ‎[4:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎yes tehre was ‎[4:45 PM]

LFP6: ‎Mhm ‎[4:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎kinda a tossup for which room was better ‎[4:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎I do rememebr me and Jjohan lookijng at the room last year when we first encountered it and saying WTF ‎[4:46 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎soooo ‎[4:46 PM]

Astromon: ‎haha ‎[4:46 PM]

LFP6: ‎120 does look a lot ncier imo ‎[4:46 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎LK120 ‎[4:46 PM]

LFP6: ‎mhm ‎[4:46 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i have less stomach problems now so I can prob eat whatever is searved vrs going to the cafeteria to eat ‎[4:47 PM]

whbob: ‎I think 120 had nicer camera coverage ‎[4:47 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i agree ‎[4:47 PM]

LFP6: ‎I also prefer the focus towards the center ‎[4:47 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎yes it felt more academic ‎[4:48 PM]

LFP6: ‎And probably a little less fragmented ‎[4:48 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎although i think last years was one of the best yet ‎[4:48 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎events ‎[4:48 PM]

Astromon: ‎yes ‎[4:48 PM]

LFP6: ‎On that note - anyone have ideas for hyping up Eternacon? ‎[4:48 PM]

LFP6: ‎Both getting people excited for it now, and just making it an exciting experience then ‎[4:49 PM]

LFP6: ‎Without going over the to p of course, as the important thing is really the people and the discussion involved, which is always great ‎[4:49 PM]

Astromon: ‎an auto remark about it in chat? ‎[4:49 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎maybe stuff that can get teh community involved and then throgh in rememebr eternacon is comming ‎[4:50 PM]

LFP6: ‎We could use the homepage slideshow to post updates, that’d be something ‎[4:51 PM]

whbob: ‎was Zoom able to tell us how many people viewed Eternacon 2017? ‎[4:53 PM]

LFP6: ‎Presumably ‎[4:54 PM]

LFP6: ‎Are there any thoughts about rooming or meals that we want to talk about premptively? ‎[4:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎sorry had to step away real quick ‎[4:57 PM]

LFP6: ‎np ‎[4:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎i like the slideshow idea ‎[4:58 PM]

whbob: ‎there was a hotel on campus that was not available to us in 2017. Would it be available this year? ‎[4:59 PM]

Astromon: ‎yes that sounds good ‎[4:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎once we have a date planned we should work on rooms ‎[4:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎have to head out ‎[4:59 PM]

LFP6: ‎Yeah - presumably we’ll use the Cardinal and/or the Guest House depending on availability ‎[4:59 PM]

whbob: ‎bye Jen ‎[4:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎talk to you all later. see you next week or on Slack ‎[4:59 PM]

LFP6: ‎Cya! ‎[4:59 PM]

Astromon: ‎Seeya jen! ‎[4:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ‎lets start some offline converations there ‎[4:59 PM]

LFP6: ‎FYI I’m going to do a quick comparison of last years and this years form responses and give at least a couple people a nudge if they want to attend ‎[5:00 PM]

LFP6: ‎Other than that, I think this is a good time to wrap up - thanks all! ‎[5:00 PM]