Eternacon/2017/Committee Meeting Chat Logs/9-6-2017

From Eterna Wiki

LFP6: Hey all! It's about that time for the weekly Eternacon chat  [5:07 PM]

LFP6: Anyone around tonight?  [5:07 PM]

whbob: Hi  [5:07 PM]

Morthem: hi whbob  [5:07 PM]

LFP6: I should probably post last week's log shouldn't I  [5:07 PM]

Morthem: sure, whatever  [5:08 PM]

Morthem: i m pretty new here, just started 2 days ago :P  [5:08 PM]

whbob: Welcome [5:08 PM]

LFP6: Welcome Morthem :) [5:09 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: hi [5:09 PM]

whbob: Hi Jen [5:09 PM]

LFP6: Hey Jen! [5:09 PM]

LFP6: Glad you could make it [5:09 PM]

Morthem: ty lfp :) [5:10 PM]

tomoedachii: wow i actually made it for once [5:13 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: hellos [5:14 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: hi tomoe [5:14 PM]

tomoedachii: hey :) [5:14 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I think this is one of 3 times we have been online nad able to talk to at the same time [5:14 PM]

LFP6: *Sigh* Can't get the log to get on the wiki with linebreaks again [5:14 PM]

LFP6: Remind me how I fix that? [5:14 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I past the log into word [5:15 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: it applies the line breaks automatically [5:15 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: then copy it and past to the wiji [5:15 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: wiki [5:15 PM]

LFP6: Got it, thanks [5:15 PM]

LFP6: So, last week: [5:16 PM]

LFP6: Not much happened [5:16 PM]

LFP6: This week, hopefully we can be productive! :) [5:16 PM]

LFP6: I agree with Rhiju that we should get an announcement out ASAP with the time/date/etc [5:16 PM]

LFP6: But I had some issues I wanted to resolve first, per what I put in Slack. We open to starting off by discussing those? [5:17 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: sure [5:19 PM]

LFP6: The two things in question are the news post/email/PM to be sent out: and the registration form: [5:19 PM]

LFP6: First off: What needs to be the due-date for registration? Two weeks out? I don't know how much time we need to get catering, shirts, nametags, etc set [5:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: CAtering can get done pretty quick from what I remember. I think we did 2 weeks last time [5:20 PM]

whbob: Did someone say the Carlton has a deadline for people making reservations? [5:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: Here is the contct info from last year. Johna would need to contact them and work outthe cut-off date [5:22 PM]

whbob: I thought I read the 20th of September was the last date.  [5:22 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: -Events in the LKSC serving food and beverages must go through Catering at LKSC. Please contact Catering at LKSC at 650-725-6883 or email [5:22 PM]

LFP6: From the info I have from last year, the menu needs to be finalized a week out, and the headcount three days before [5:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: Id say 2 weeks at a minimum for registration deadline [5:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that sounds about right [5:24 PM]

LFP6: How long beforehand did the shirts need to be ordered last year? [5:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: they had to be in by the 5th to be ready by the 16th last year [5:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: just forwarded the email about that to you [5:27 PM]

LFP6: Yeah, got it. Two weeks seems about right too [5:27 PM]

LFP6: Lets go with that [5:27 PM]

LFP6: October 7th is the deadline then, one month from tomorrow [5:28 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: 2 weeks for everything hard deadline [5:28 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: unless special circumstances [5:28 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: last year my plan was to make it known you could still attend if you RSVP late but you are not guaranteed food etc [5:29 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: so close [5:29 PM]

LFP6: Yeah. I mean, if someone directly contacts me the next day that won't be a huge issue, but we don't want people to bank on that lol [5:29 PM]

LFP6: Yep, makes sense [5:29 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that checks one issue off thelist correct [5:31 PM]

LFP6: Yep [5:31 PM]

LFP6: Ok, next. Do we cover T-Shirts? [5:32 PM]

LFP6: It would be $250-300 [5:33 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: how big of a dent will that put in our busget? [5:37 PM]

LFP6: Based on what Rhiju sent me, it actually might be feasible [5:37 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: brb [5:37 PM]

LFP6: I'm looking at what players are requesting, and assuming things don't change, we should come in quite a bit under what Rhiju budgeted [5:41 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: where do we request assistance? [5:42 PM]

LFP6: I had a field on the initial interest form, but I think we'll have to ask for a definitive amount on the registration form [5:43 PM]

LFP6: Tesla, could you ballpark what your costs would be, btw? You're the one question mark I still have, as I don't know where you'd be flying from [5:43 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: I'm coming from Colorado.  I have airfare covered but it doesn't leave a lot for lodging [5:45 PM]

LFP6: That should definitely be doable [5:45 PM]

LFP6: I think Rhiju was actually guessing that costs would be much higher than they are [5:47 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: cool! [5:47 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: is the schedule correct as far as end time - 3:00 Sunday? [5:47 PM]

LFP6: I would be surprised if per-person costs went much over $800 if my airline searches are correct. Rhiju was thinking $1500 [5:48 PM]

LFP6: The schedule isn't final yet [5:48 PM]

LFP6: I'd think that should be somewhat close, but I'm not 100% sure [5:49 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: back [5:50 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: ok, wanted to get flights booked [5:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: im going ot nbeed assistance to  [5:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: gona be tight buying tickets soon [5:50 PM]

LFP6: Jen, could you do a quick search to guestimate your airfare costs? [5:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: 600-700ish [5:56 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: for flight nad room [5:56 PM]

LFP6: That's about what I figured [5:56 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: just a quick glance [5:57 PM]

LFP6: Jen, I'm going to directly send you some info from Rhiju in the chat [5:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok [5:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok [5:58 PM]

LFP6: Ok, info sent [5:58 PM]

LFP6: Just to give you an idea of where we stand [5:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: lfp6 check you slack [6:00 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: check slack [6:00 PM]

j.b.kheerthi: hey [6:03 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: cool [6:04 PM]

LFP6: Ok, sorry, all clarified. My bad. [6:04 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: hi j.b.,welcome to eterna! [6:05 PM]

j.b.kheerthi: can you help me with thw fifth level ? it's insanely hard [6:05 PM]

j.b.kheerthi: the* [6:05 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: so were were we [6:06 PM]

LFP6: We were talking about shirts, but let me postpone that for a sec [6:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok [6:07 PM]

LFP6: I want to know what we need to put in regard to funding on the registration form. This will be critical for some people. I assume we'll need to ask for how much people will need again. Do we specify a max amount per person now? [6:07 PM]

LFP6: Can we guarantee a specific amount? [6:08 PM]

LFP6: On one hand, I want to make sure people are able to commit with some assurance that they'll get the reimbursement promised [6:08 PM]

LFP6: I also want to be careful in regards to how much people have currently asked for vs any additional requests we get [6:09 PM]

LFP6: And we seem to be gathering a few more new players with openCRISPR - it's possible we might see some of them register [6:10 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: j.b. most of that puzzle is locked, just fill in the complimentary bases to make pairs. e.g. locked A gets a U, locked C gets a G [6:10 PM]

j.b.kheerthi: thanks :) [6:11 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: np [6:11 PM]

j.b.kheerthi: which grade are you guys in ? [6:12 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: thata a good question if we wnat o state amounts [6:12 PM]

LFP6: If people coming is contingent on the money, that's important [6:12 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I saw we offer finalncial assistance based on geographical location to players [6:13 PM]

LFP6: But if more people ask for money than we planned on, that could also be an issue [6:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: flying coach [6:13 PM]

LFP6: "ask for money" that came out wrong [6:13 PM]

j.b.kheerthi: thanks tesla. i finished the level. [6:14 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: congrats! [6:14 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think we can safely offer 1000 each based on interest ftrom the survey [6:15 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: and mention that if you are a long ways off it can be increaed espceially for out of country travel [6:15 PM]

LFP6: Can we "guaruntee" 1k? [6:15 PM]

LFP6: Maybe say first-come, first-served, but state that there is no predicted issues and form submissions will be closely monitored [6:18 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i agree [6:19 PM]

LFP6: If >1k is required for them to be able to attend, they can contact directly [6:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yep and they will need confirmation [6:19 PM]

LFP6: But maybe leave the field open for the amount? [6:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: last year I kept telling brourd dont worry on an amount adn he kept asking about it [6:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think people will wonder and ask [6:20 PM]

LFP6: IE "how much assistance will you need? We can guaruntee $1k, but you may request more than this. If a funding commitment >$1k is required for you to feel comfortable registering, please contact us directly" [6:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: although i could  buy a buisness class ticket for 1000  [6:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: do we want o reimburse 1st class and such? [6:21 PM]

LFP6: That's a good point, and should probably be specified [6:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: some people have medical issues that dictat how they travle so we should add a disclaimer if we restrict it [6:22 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think [6:22 PM]

LFP6: Of course [6:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: maybe we should nbot retrict it [6:23 PM]

LFP6: Neither do we want anyone freeloading though lol [6:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: true [6:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: save fund for other players and event stuff [6:24 PM]

LFP6: I mean, to some degree we need to rely on peoples' honesty, but we need to be careful [6:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that is the only reason why i was worried about stating fund amounts [6:24 PM]

LFP6: Why? [6:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or my olny fear [6:24 PM]

LFP6: People feeling they can just take it up to that? [6:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yeah [6:25 PM]

LFP6: Hmmm [6:25 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: would it be a reimbursement, after the player purchases tickets/lodging? [6:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: but were co we cross the line [6:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i was looking na di want to fly premium coahc which is only 100 more than basic coach [6:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: IU hate flying to that would be good for me [6:26 PM]

LFP6: Tesla: Should be reimbursed. IIRC in 2015 it was actually a W3 or so, as it turned out [6:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I would love to fly buisness [6:26 PM]

LFP6: No, not W3 [6:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: but would not feel righ tasking for reimbursment [6:26 PM]

LFP6: You were technically contracted to Stanford [6:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: cant afford to buy the ticket as well but that is besides teh point [6:26 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: I was just thinking if player needs $1K in assistance, may not be able to front that kind of money... [6:26 PM]

LFP6: Fair point [6:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: is there a way we could set up were we would pay for peoples tickets [6:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: through stanford [6:27 PM]

LFP6: That's a good question, I don't know [6:27 PM]

LFP6: (And of course, we wouldn't want people skipping out, though that isn't exactly going to benefit them any at that point...) [6:28 PM]

LFP6: Tomoe has left, sadly, she might've had insight from 2015 [6:29 PM]

whbob: What happened last year? I would imagine an invoice would have to be presented to someone and some protion of that invoice would be reimbersed.  That amount of reimbursement would also probably be taxable. [6:30 PM]

LFP6: 2015 I know an invoice had to be submitted, and a check + a 1099 misc was given in return [6:31 PM]

LFP6: (I think) [6:31 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok so we prob cant just pay for peoples flights [6:35 PM]

whbob: Also, the sooner you book the flight the cheaper it is. [6:36 PM]

LFP6: Yep [6:36 PM]

whbob: When you first talked about having the event a couple of weeks out, it cost about $1200.00 round trip from Boston.   [6:37 PM]

whbob: Right now it's about #6-700.00 with 1/2 dozen chouces of available flights [6:38 PM]

whbob: *choices [6:38 PM]

LFP6: Sure [6:40 PM]

whbob: Suggestion, don't get a change plane trip if it doesn't give you enough time to change planes  [6:41 PM]

LFP6: True! [6:41 PM]

LFP6: As a note, I can go and contact Rhiju again, but I'd want to have specific questions for him [6:42 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: tell people to keep their receipts as well if htye want to be reimburesed [6:43 PM]

LFP6: Yep [6:43 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: did we answre this question to your liking? [6:44 PM]

LFP6: I'm still not confident what we need to put on the form [6:44 PM]

whbob: I think coach class for reimbursement regardless of what you actually purchase would be fair. [6:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: is it the only wuestion the reimbursment stuff? [6:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I agree with whbob [6:46 PM]

whbob: Can anyone confirm that the deadline to get a room at the Carlton is 20 September? [6:46 PM]

whbob: If so, that should be sent out to all that might attend. [6:47 PM]

LFP6: 1) How are we able to commit to the people who need commitments, and 2) What restrictions might we place [6:47 PM]

LFP6: I think [6:47 PM]

LFP6: We will have to ask for an amount again, for sure [6:48 PM]

LFP6: whbob: Carlton? You mean the Cardinal? [6:50 PM]

whbob: and people need to book the flight to know their cost. Catch22! [6:50 PM]

whbob: Yes the Carlton [6:50 PM]

LFP6: (Yup) [6:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: to commit we do first come first serve [6:50 PM]

LFP6: whbob: Why are you mentioning the Carlton, btw? [6:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: and set aside 300 for shirts [6:51 PM]

LFP6: Jennifer: But what do we put in the form? Contact us if you need a direct commitment? [6:51 PM]

whbob: Sorry I did mean the Cardinal. I thought it was discussed because the guest house had no roome on Friday night [6:51 PM]

whbob: *rooms [6:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: okso what I just thought is to post that we will provide reimbursment for travel and lodging and to specify that on the registration [6:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: someone will then contact them at the email address they giive [6:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: for confirmation and to discuss amounts [6:53 PM]

LFP6: whbob: We are going with a block of rooms at the Cardinal. I don't see a cutoff for reservations, did you? [6:53 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: we would then discloss the 1000 limit [6:54 PM]

LFP6: Jennifer: So you're saying don't include it on the form? [6:53 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think it just created problems. offer reimbursment based on geographical location [6:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: and discuss in emails directly [6:54 PM]

LFP6: Or maybe have a field "please contact me to set up a reimbursement" [6:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yes i like that [6:55 PM]

whbob: @lfp6: I had read that the block would be available until 20 September and after that date 1st come 1st served.  [6:55 PM]

LFP6: whbob: Oh, shoot, just looked at the task list, Johan did indeed post that [6:56 PM]

whbob: If you can confirm the room rate, people can plan that expense also. [6:56 PM]

LFP6: The room rate is set [6:56 PM]

LFP6: With the group code [6:56 PM]

LFP6: Jen: We'll need to know how to handle it at that point though - how quickly can we commit? Do we wait for some responses? Handle it fcfs? [6:56 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that lets us work one on one with everyone. we could start with a sotck email stating the reimbursment is "approximatly" $1000 [6:57 PM]

whbob: hotel rooms need to be posted for attendees. [6:58 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: firstr come first srved [6:58 PM]

LFP6: whbob: The reservation link will be in the news post [6:58 PM]

Jennifer Pearl:  once you register and you get an email you are locked in if we say you will revceive it [6:58 PM]

whbob: Thanks [6:58 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: we can give a limit based on geographical olcation for each person as well based on one fo teh travel websites pluss a little extra for wiggle room [6:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: like travelocity [6:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or expedia [7:00 PM]

LFP6: I'm wondering if Johan can push out the block reservation, being that we haven't been able to put that out yet [7:00 PM]

LFP6: Will need to ask [7:00 PM]

LFP6: Ok, so let me make sure I have this straight. We'll have a checkbox saying "I require funding assistance. Please contact me to confirm the amount." Once we recieve it, we will get their location, determine a ballpark, and then confirm that for them and [7:02 PM]

set that aside

LFP6: *Once we get their location and how much they would be able to contribute [7:02 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yep and once we confirm with them how much aid they will recieve that amount is locked in [7:05 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think that is teh best way to make it fair and doable [7:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: would need to state inteh form or email what site we will use to dtermine balpark amount [7:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: for full transparancy [7:06 PM]

LFP6: Yes [7:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: any form of economy [7:07 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: class [7:07 PM]

whbob: Caution, the cheapest flights are the ones with many plane changes and the shortest turn around time to get your next flight. [7:07 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: so do the price of a one way [7:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: one stop i mean [7:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: non-stop [7:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: actually [7:08 PM]

LFP6: What about redeye? [7:09 PM]

LFP6: Should we say non-redeye? [7:09 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: those are brutal, its ok if you take a red eye they can be pretty cheap [7:09 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or cheaprer [7:09 PM]

whbob: That would work, I would still probably do a multistop as long as I have enough time to switch planes. [7:09 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: but dont use that as teh estimate [7:10 PM]

LFP6: Also, do we need to request their target departure time to and from? [7:09 PM]

LFP6: At least are they coming Fri or Sat,  leaving Sun or Mon, etc  [7:10 PM]

whbob: Yes. [7:10 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that would affect the price signifiacntly [7:11 PM]

LFP6: Ok, I'm feeling good with this [7:12 PM]

LFP6: I'll verify with Rhiju [7:13 PM]

LFP6: And Johan [7:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yay one more thing checked off [7:13 PM]

LFP6: I think we can also check of suggested donation, right Jen? [7:13 PM]

LFP6: I don't think that'll be a consideration this year [7:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: do we want ot collect donations for Eterna? with our funding and sponsors we dont really ned donations [7:15 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: side not we should offer eterna mugs this year [7:15 PM]

LFP6: I'd suggest having a thing at the con about donating to Eterna, but not a direct thing [7:16 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok [7:17 PM]

LFP6: If people think it's a good idea, we can still discuss it - just not tonight. Couple things to finish up then I have to split [7:17 PM]

LFP6: Add it to the tracker if you want [7:17 PM]

LFP6: Re: Mugs. I'm thinking we go with Zazzle for the shirts so we can set up an Eterna store at the same time. TBD [7:18 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok [7:18 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i collect mugs [7:18 PM]

LFP6: Hehe, same in my house [7:18 PM]

LFP6: Ok, two last things!! [7:18 PM]

LFP6: Shuttles [7:18 PM]

LFP6: I didn't quite grasp what Johan said in Slack [7:18 PM]

LFP6: "standard airport shuttles" means people take care of it themselves, yes? [7:19 PM]

LFP6: And was he suggesting using cars from the "locals" for getting to campus from the hotel? [7:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i thin he was saying som eof the people at stanford could pick up people to transport to stanford [7:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: either that or for group events whre we need to all go somewere [7:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: like we did for dinner last year [7:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: maybe airport shuttels to the hotel they ar staying st [7:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: at [7:21 PM]

LFP6: Ok, so for the registration form what do I put? Responsible for transport from the airport, but transport during the con will be organized (assuming they stay at the Cardinal)? [7:21 PM]

whbob: T he hotel is only about a 1/2 mile from Stanford, right? [7:22 PM]

LFP6: Let me check [7:22 PM]

LFP6: Yep [7:22 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i would say that is safe [7:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: maybe check with johan before sending  [7:23 PM]

LFP6: Mmmm, 1.5 miles to LKS from the hotel [7:23 PM]

LFP6: It's the other side of campus [7:24 PM]

whbob: Train & bus from S.J. 2 trains fro S.F. to Palo Alto. [7:24 PM]

LFP6: Er, middle [7:24 PM]

LFP6: [7:24 PM]

whbob: That;s not bad, unless it's pooring [7:24 PM]

LFP6: Ok, cool [7:24 PM]

LFP6: Next [7:25 PM]

LFP6: Permission slip [7:25 PM]

LFP6: I think we just have minors fill it out to be safe, and check with Rhiju that we can do that? [7:25 PM]

LFP6: Shoot, we'd need to modify it though [7:27 PM]

LFP6: [7:28 PM]

LFP6: We could possibly wait until a minor signs up to look at this - might only be useful if they're not accompanied by a guardian? [7:30 PM]

whbob: Names & dates?  Should there be a telephone contact for both parents & Eterna? [7:30 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: it would be a good idea to have it done so tht minors can recieve medical care if a situation occurs [7:30 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: and Stanford reps can comunicate with people [7:31 PM]

LFP6: Would it be viable to push this off until next week so that we can get the form out [7:31 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yeah we should get a contact number [7:31 PM]

LFP6: Or, work on it before next week [7:31 PM]

LFP6: I want to get the registration live ASAP. If we need to push it back, we need to, but if not I don't want to delay, so that flights and such can start happening [7:32 PM]

whbob: Mention that minors will be contacted for additional info? [7:32 PM]

LFP6: Bingo [7:32 PM]

LFP6: Jen, that ok with you? [7:32 PM]

LFP6: If not, please do speak up [7:33 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yep we could do the same thhing as reimbursmtns [7:33 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: gives us time to get teh form ready [7:33 PM]

LFP6: Good [7:33 PM]

LFP6: On the docket over the next week or two is confirming speakers [7:34 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: mention that a parental permission slip is required [7:34 PM]

LFP6: Mhm [7:34 PM]

LFP6: One last thought - thoughts about theme? It would be nice to have it here if we have one. Should we push it off again? No theme? Make a decision? [7:35 PM]

whbob: A theme and speakers kind of go together. [7:36 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think a theme is good and we have most of the speaker set up [7:37 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: are we going with "evolution of Eterna" [7:37 PM]

whbob: I like that [7:37 PM]

LFP6: "Chat on 8/9 suggested a theme in relation to "possibilities", between the additional tools available recently in Eterna, needed tools for new puzzles, possibilities with the platform upgrade, possibilities with CRISPR, etc" [7:37 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: "The future of Eterna" [7:39 PM]

Zanna: Crispr labs [7:38 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: CRISPR adn teh future of Eterna [7:39 PM]

Zanna: Sounds good. [7:39 PM]

LFP6: "CRISPR and Beyond: The Future of Eterna" [7:39 PM]

Zanna: oh, i like it! [7:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: does it speak to tools [7:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ? [7:40 PM]

LFP6: Hm [7:40 PM]

whbob: We are increasing submissions 10 fold. Databases, tools platform all will be taxed to the limits of what we have now. [7:40 PM]

Zanna: increasing submissions? :D [7:40 PM]

LFP6: "Designing the Future of Eterna: The Interception of Medicine and Technology" [7:41 PM]

LFP6: Too long? [7:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that was a challenge when we went from 7 designs a week to thousands [7:41 PM]

Zanna: I have about 2070 submissions right now.  :D [7:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i kinda like it [7:41 PM]

whbob: We usually get 9000 max on a chip, but CRISPR will consume 90,000. [7:41 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: but does it speak to CRISPR? [7:42 PM]

LFP6: *Intersection [7:42 PM]

LFP6: Not Interception lol [7:42 PM]

Zanna: hehe [7:42 PM]

LFP6: @Jen That's supposed to be the Medicine part... [7:42 PM]

LFP6: Designing the future of Eterna: High tech medicine, high tech platform" [7:43 PM]

LFP6: Idk [7:43 PM]

LFP6: *High tech platform for high-tech platform [7:43 PM]

LFP6: NBo [7:43 PM]

Zanna: Crispr should be part of the theme, cuz the timing is perfect for it. Just my 2 cents. [7:43 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i agree [7:43 PM]

LFP6: Next-gen platform for next-gen medicine [7:43 PM]

LFP6: "UTC_Designing the future of Eterna: Next-gen platform for next-gen medicine" [7:43 PM]

LFP6: Oops [7:44 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I like what LFP6 said earlier [7:44 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I say we I say we offerup to 1000 based on interest expressed in the [7:44 PM]

Zanna: I liked what you used before  [7:44 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: opps [7:44 PM]

Zanna: Crispr and beyond, the future of eterna. [7:44 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: "CRISPR and Beyond: The Future of Eterna" [7:45 PM]

Zanna: yes [7:45 PM]

Zanna: I like that one, Jen [7:45 PM]

whbob: Me too. [7:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i just thought it needs to speak to tools a bit more [7:45 PM]

Zanna: :D [7:45 PM]

Zanna: oh [7:45 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: that one's my favorite so far [7:45 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: but maybe that it me overthinking [7:45 PM]

LFP6: "CRISPR and Beyond: Next-gen Technology for Next-gen Medicine" [7:45 PM]

Zanna: Crispr is hot right now! lol [7:46 PM]

Zanna: LFP, that sounds good! [7:46 PM]

LFP6: How about that? [7:46 PM]

LFP6: Jen? Tesla? [7:46 PM]

Zanna: That covers all the bases :D [7:46 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: I like it [7:46 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: CRISPR and Beyond: Tools for manipulating RNA [7:47 PM]

Zanna: I like the first one more [7:47 PM]

LFP6: Doesn't touch on platform issues [7:47 PM]

Zanna: both are good though [7:47 PM]

LFP6: Is my thought [7:47 PM]

Zanna: oh [7:47 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i get it [7:47 PM]

LFP6: "Tools for manipulating RNA" is kinda specific [7:47 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok [7:48 PM]

whbob: Eterna's future, CRISPR and beyond. [7:48 PM]

LFP6: Same issue with the tools, I think [7:49 PM]

Zanna: What tools? [7:49 PM]

LFP6: IE, player tools [7:49 PM]

LFP6: Platform improvements [7:49 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: boosters and such [7:50 PM]

LFP6: etc [7:49 PM]

Zanna: OHHH [7:50 PM]

LFP6: "CRISPR and Beyond: Next-gen Technology for Next-gen Medicine" - "Next-gen" or "Next-generation"? [7:50 PM]

Zanna: I didn't know that was being worked on. [7:50 PM]

LFP6: "CRISPR and Beyond: Next-generation Technology for Next-generation Medicine" [7:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: all tools are player developeed [7:50 PM]

Zanna: I need a setting that will turn off all the animation, the blinking stuff [7:51 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: last year I developed DAPT for secondary structure analysis [7:51 PM]

Zanna: it slows down the labs too much [7:51 PM]

Zanna: blinking, spinning, glowing aptamer, and blinking yellow outlines, ugh, a nightmare. (It's pretty though) :D [7:52 PM]

whbob: @ Zanna: Low performance mode is the best they have. [7:53 PM]

Zanna: whbob, I know. [7:53 PM]

Zanna: I use that. [7:53 PM]

Zanna: but it's not enough [7:53 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: that's why it's all there Zanna, to slow you down so the rest of us can catch up :) [7:54 PM]

whbob: I'd say with the amount of submissions you have, your doing very well. [7:54 PM]

Zanna: the animations look great, but they cut down on performance. My little tablet can't handle it very well. [7:54 PM]

Zanna: LOL [7:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: honestly my brain is stuck on next gen technology for next gen medicine [7:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: dont know why bvut it rubs me teh wrong way [7:55 PM]

LFP6: Oh? [7:55 PM]

Zanna: ok, Jen. We're flexible.  :D [7:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: if you all are ok with it and it maikes sens to you in relation to tools im ok with it [7:55 PM]

Zanna: I'm not picky. I was just adding suggestions. [7:56 PM]

Zanna: And, I have Crispr on the brain right now. [7:56 PM]

Zanna: Sorry :P [7:56 PM]

whbob: I think a short heading with a longer sub topic might work. [7:56 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: maybe a sentance for the subtopic [7:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: includ emore stuff [7:57 PM]

Zanna: :D [7:57 PM]

LFP6: Don't want to go too much though [7:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: short sentance? [7:58 PM]

whbob: The tools & platform statement in the longer sub topic [7:57 PM]

LFP6: I'll throw this out there: "CRISPR and Beyond: Designing the Future of Eterna" [7:58 PM]

Zanna: Crispr and beyond. Eterna labs and tools. [7:58 PM]

LFP6: I'm kinda iffy with future of Eterna though [7:58 PM]

LFP6: Because it's so broad [7:58 PM]

LFP6: And could potentially apply more so next year or smth [7:59 PM]

Zanna: ah, I like that one you just posted. [7:59 PM]

whbob: Eterna's future, CRISPR and beyond. [8:00 PM]

whbob: New tools new platform etc [8:00 PM]

Zanna: any of these will work. [8:00 PM]

LFP6: CRISPR and Beyond: New Tools. New Platform. New Medicine. [8:01 PM]

Zanna: Perfect. [8:01 PM]

whbob: Good [8:01 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: nice [8:01 PM]

Zanna: Covers all the bases. [8:01 PM]

LFP6: I am concerned that we won't live up to "New Platform", like that'll only happen in a year or two. but I suppose this is when we lay the groundwork for it? [8:01 PM]

Zanna: short and simple, to the point. [8:01 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: thumbs up [8:01 PM]

whbob: That was simple :) [8:02 PM]

Zanna: :D [8:02 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: CRISPR and Beyond: New Tools. New Platform. New Medicine - The Future of Eterna [8:02 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: just tossing that out there last second [8:02 PM]

LFP6: Redundant? [8:02 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: maybe [8:02 PM]

Zanna: sounds ok to me [8:02 PM]

LFP6: I'm a little partial to mine, but I like short and sweet :) [8:03 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that was to help make the new platform thing more fiutr tense [8:03 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: future [8:03 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: tense [8:03 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: its your call [8:04 PM]

LFP6: Good point. Thinking... [8:04 PM]

Zanna: Don't over think it. haha [8:04 PM]

whbob: I like " The future of Eterna" as a theme and "new tools new platform, new medicine" as a sub topic sentence [8:04 PM]

Zanna: I like all of them. LOL just pick one. [8:05 PM]

LFP6: whbob: That would get rid of "CRISPR and Beyond" [8:05 PM]

Zanna: toss a coin or something :D [8:05 PM]

LFP6: I'd like to stick with "CRISPR and Beyond: New Tools. New Platform. New Medicine." [8:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: CRISPT and the Future of Eterna [8:06 PM]

LFP6: It seemed like everyone was OK with that [8:06 PM]

whbob: I'm not very good at this, am I :) [8:06 PM]

Zanna: That's the one I liked best, LFP [8:06 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i like it [8:07 PM]

LFP6: It's descriptive, and "punchy" [8:06 PM]

LFP6: Bikeshedding can go on forever lol [8:07 PM]

Zanna: whbob, me either. [8:07 PM]

LFP6: Ok, I'm going to make that decision now [8:07 PM]

Zanna: So, it's decided? [8:07 PM]

LFP6: Yeah [8:07 PM]

Zanna: we should blow some bubbles to celebrate. [8:08 PM]

LFP6: Ok, last chance to review the news post ( and registration ( [8:08 PM]

LFP6: I'll send them out to Rhiju and Johan tomorrow with the final questions/verifications we had [8:08 PM]

Zanna: Thanks for all your hard work, LFP [8:09 PM]

LFP6: Thank you all! [8:09 PM]

LFP6: Really, could not do any of this without help from you all [8:09 PM]

cynwulf28: hey... [8:09 PM]

Zanna: I think we just made it more confusing LOL [8:09 PM]

LFP6: Hey Cyn! [8:09 PM]

cynwulf28: <blinks and yawns> [8:09 PM]

Zanna: hi cyn! [8:09 PM]

LFP6: No Zanna, big help [8:09 PM]

cynwulf28: what's my homework Professor? [8:09 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: Thanks LFP, Jen, everyone working on this.  Exciting stuff! [8:09 PM]

Zanna: LFP, ok, good. [8:10 PM]

Zanna: :D [8:10 PM]

LFP6: Ok, I need to go to sleep. First day of school in T-7.5 hours [8:10 PM]

LFP6: Will post the chat log [8:10 PM]

Zanna: nighty nite, LFP. [8:10 PM]

LFP6: Have a good one all! [8:10 PM]

cynwulf28: Already busy making single guide RNAs and 4-fragment Expression Clones [8:10 PM]

cynwulf28: goodnight. afk [8:10 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: bye LFP6 [8:10 PM]