Eternacon/2017/Committee Meeting Chat Logs/10-18-2017

From Eterna Wiki

whbob: Hi  [8:02 PM]

LFP6: Heya  [8:02 PM]

rhiju: hi everyone  [8:02 PM]

LFP6: Hello hello!  [8:02 PM]

whbob: Hi  [8:02 PM]

LFP6: I think it is about that time to start our final meeting before Eternacon  [8:02 PM]

rhiju: great, what's on the agenda LFP6?  [8:04 PM]

LFP6: Pulling it up now...  [8:04 PM]

AndrewKae: hi all  [8:04 PM]

whbob: hi  [8:04 PM]

LFP6: Ok, invite packet is being sent out tomorrow [8:05 PM]

rhiju: apparently t-shirts will also arrive at stanford tomorrow [8:06 PM]

LFP6: Sweet [8:06 PM]

rhiju: and looks like we've got our line up of speakers. it really looks awesome [8:06 PM]

rhiju: thanks to all the players who agreed to present [8:06 PM]

LFP6: The stream link I hope can be generated ahead of time [8:06 PM]

LFP6: So that we can have it ready to send out in a news post [8:07 PM]

rhiju: is JenniferPearl here? [8:07 PM]

LFP6: She's usually a little late [8:07 PM]

rhiju: i know that she was working with Amanda earlier today to check stuff out. [8:07 PM]

LFP6: As she's heading home from work [8:07 PM]

LFP6: Yes, Amanda told be that everything went well, and there'll be a little more testing tomorrow [8:07 PM]

rhiju: OK. I'll have to head out at 5:25 PST -- we may not overlap [8:07 PM]

LFP6: Will you be the one to post the news article? [8:08 PM]

LFP6: It's actually marked as Sharif [8:08 PM]

LFP6: Just looking at it now [8:08 PM]

rhiju: which news article? [8:10 PM]

LFP6: To share the link for the stream [8:10 PM]

rhiju: oh, i could do it if amanda figures out the link tomorrow. [8:11 PM]

rhiju: what else could go in the news post? [8:11 PM]

LFP6: Link to the schedule maybe [8:11 PM]

rhiju: omei asked that we broadcast that we will announce results and prizes related to openTB on Sunday [8:11 PM]

LFP6: Doesn't need to be real fancy [8:12 PM]

rhiju: and openCRISPR focus on Saturday. [8:12 PM]

LFP6: Sure [8:12 PM]

rhiju: so I could include that very general scheduling news along with link to schedule in the news post [8:12 PM]

rhiju: how many folks will be there in person? [8:12 PM]

LFP6: Looking... [8:12 PM]

LFP6: 23 registered, plus our three guest speakers, yourself, and Joham [8:13 PM]

LFP6: *Johan [8:13 PM]

rhiju: those are 23 coming in person or are some attending virtually like yourself [8:14 PM]

LFP6: Those are in-person [8:14 PM]

rhiju: great! [8:14 PM]

LFP6: I anticipate at least 5-10 more digitally [8:14 PM]

rhiju: i see [8:14 PM]

LFP6: Sounds like a few users just joining us are quite excited [8:14 PM]

LFP6: So could be more, if they just haven't been talking in chat [8:15 PM]

LFP6: We'll see though [8:15 PM]

rhiju: will we be able to include those digital-joining folks as active participants in the zoom videolink?  [8:15 PM]

LFP6: Not following [8:15 PM]

LFP6: Oh, you mean two-way communication? [8:15 PM]

rhiju: yes, two-way communication [8:16 PM]

rhiju: that worked well last year! [8:16 PM]

LFP6: Should be able to. Otherwise a couple of us looking to present digitally will be in a bit of a pickle :) [8:16 PM]

rhiju: haha [8:16 PM]

LFP6: I should actually have a webcam this year, so that's fun [8:16 PM]

whbob: @ Andrew: I have a link to my slide show on my profile page. It has a couple of  A*B/C^2 DEC images in it. One of my solutions from R105.    [8:16 PM]

rhiju: yes. if only we could get you the food too. its going to be good [8:17 PM]

LFP6: Haha, that would be nice [8:17 PM]

LFP6: Ok, going through the todo list to make sure everything is checked off.  [8:17 PM]

LFP6: Medical release form for minors is the first thing I see [8:17 PM]

AndrewKae: ok, I'll check it out whbob, thanks, I need all the help I can get [8:18 PM]

LFP6: We have three minors - Tomoe, Epicfalcon, and Masterstormer [8:18 PM]

rhiju: @whbob wow that looks great. [8:18 PM]

whbob: thanks [8:18 PM]

LFP6: Master will be coming with his father, and I assume Falcon is already covered because he's in the lab? [8:18 PM]

rhiju: for medical release forms, let's loop in johan to distribute & collect those; i can act as 'backup' [8:19 PM]

LFP6: Should we still send this out to the three of them? [8:19 PM]

rhiju: who will give starting talk by 'organizers'? jennifer pearl did it last year. [8:19 PM]

rhiju: would be good for her to go over code of conduct [8:19 PM]

LFP6: We have a couple options [8:19 PM]

rhiju: @LFP6 sending out the form ahead of time -- that's a great idea  [8:19 PM]

hoglahoo: hey folks, i have about 5 minutes to join this auspicious meeting [8:19 PM]

LFP6: She could do it of course [8:19 PM]

hoglahoo: getting excite [8:20 PM]

rhiju: hey hoglahoo! [8:20 PM]

hoglahoo: d [8:20 PM]

rhiju: whatcha got planned for us? [8:20 PM]

hoglahoo: I’ll know by tomorrow morning [8:20 PM]

rhiju: haha [8:20 PM]

LFP6: haha [8:20 PM]

LFP6: I will actually might be able to show for roughly the first hour, depending on how things go [8:20 PM]

whbob: :) [8:20 PM]

LFP6: So I should be able to do it as well, or tag team with Jennifer [8:20 PM]

rhiju: @LFP6 yay! will be good to have you  [8:21 PM]

LFP6: I imagine I should coordinate with her [8:21 PM]

LFP6: Wish it was the CRISPR panel I was there for, but I'll be running around at that point sadly [8:22 PM]

LFP6: Ok, so I guess it doesn't hurt to do the med form - can you confirm that we can just change the names on it, and I can send it out via email? [8:22 PM]

rhiju: for the CRISPR panel, hope we can record it -- jen will have details if that's possible [8:23 PM]

LFP6: Yes, I think Zoom should be keeping a recording of everything [8:23 PM]

rhiju: great, please send out the med release forms for minors by e-mail.  [8:24 PM]

LFP6: (Btw I'm really sorry about *still* not having last year's on YouTube - I'll need to make that a priority with BlueJeans gone, and I really would like to at least have presenters names on the screen) [8:24 PM]

LFP6: And fix a couple glitches in the videos [8:25 PM]

LFP6: Next thing down on the list - nametags? Are those set? [8:25 PM]

LFP6: I think Amanda said she was working on those, maybe they're still being filled [8:26 PM]

LFP6: And do we have posters for on-site? At least the arrows [8:26 PM]

rhiju: i heard from amanda that nametags have been ordered. if you haven't hear confirmation, please send her a note by e-mail.  [8:26 PM]

LFP6: mmk [8:27 PM]

rhiju: gotta go. give my best to jen. looking forward to seeing everyone very soon! [8:28 PM]

LFP6: All right, thanks Rhiju! [8:29 PM]

hoglahoo: see you soon [8:29 PM]

AndrewKae: gnight! [8:29 PM]

whbob: very soon [8:29 PM]

whbob: bye [8:29 PM]

whbob: do you know if most of the people get booked into the Cardinal? [8:34 PM]

LFP6: I think that's where most people made reservation for [8:35 PM]

hoglahoo: i am booked at the cardinal [8:35 PM]

AndrewKae: me too [8:36 PM]

hoglahoo: my plan is to sit in the open meeting area mezzanine thing each night as late as i can either catching up with folks or playing eterna [8:37 PM]

hoglahoo: other than that i have no plans. andrew did you end up booking any sightseeing tour? [8:37 PM]

whbob: we never figured out a way to coordinate who will be at the airport at the same time.  [8:38 PM]

AndrewKae: no, the ferry leaves every hour or so, didn't think to book in advance [8:38 PM]

hoglahoo: yeah we didnt coordinate that - im supposed to arrive at 8:35am friday [8:39 PM]

whbob: mid afternoon for me [8:40 PM]

hoglahoo: i havent planned to rent a car so might wait around for andrew and follow him like a lost puppy [8:40 PM]

AndrewKae: 9:57 am for me [8:40 PM]

AndrewKae: if it's raining I might rethink the ferry ride [8:41 PM]

whbob: yeah, what's the weather like? [8:42 PM]

LFP6: whbob: We opted not to. You can book a shuttle and get reimbursed if you save your reciept [8:42 PM]

whbob: I'll probably get a lyft. [8:43 PM]

LFP6: That works [8:43 PM]

hoglahoo: looks like rain friday morning and then sunny or mostly sunny the rest of the weekend, highs in the lower 60s [8:43 PM]

LFP6: You want to Skype me in from the hotel? :) [8:44 PM]

hoglahoo: yeah i see no reason why we couldnt as long as the wifi can handle it i guess? [8:45 PM]

AndrewKae: brb [8:45 PM]

hoglahoo: wow i just realized these cool temps will be great at the cardinal which has no air conditioning [8:46 PM]

LFP6: I'll be getting home probably around when you guys get back from dinner [8:46 PM]

AndrewKae: ru kidding? [8:46 PM]

LFP6: Depending whether I go out with friends after the show or not [8:47 PM]

hoglahoo: not kidding - at least, my room didnt [8:49 PM]

hoglahoo: its advertised as an old, charming hotel [8:49 PM]

hoglahoo: the elevator door closes manually [8:49 PM]

hoglahoo: Amenities: General. Non-smoking rooms; Non-smoking throughout; Elevator; Heating; The Cardinal Hotel does not have air conditioning [8:50 PM]

AndrewKae: yes, good thing it will be cool [8:53 PM]

AndrewKae: I luv my air conditioning [8:54 PM]

AndrewKae: just turned the heat on last night for the first time this year [8:54 PM]

whbob: I think nights are always cold around the bay. [8:55 PM]

whbob: what was the dinner plan.  Rides provided?  how far away is the restaurant? [8:58 PM]

AndrewKae: all I saw was the conversation on slack [9:00 PM]

AndrewKae: [9:02 PM]

hoglahoo: can I get an invite for that page? [9:05 PM]

LFP6: You're not on the eternacon slack yet I take it [9:05 PM]

hoglahoo: I dont think so [9:05 PM]

LFP6: @Whbob Carpooling + reimbursed rideshare if for some reason there aren't enough cars [9:06 PM]

whbob: thanks, I'll make sure I have the4 address of the place. [9:08 PM]

LFP6: Ok, I think we're in a pretty good place for this weekend [9:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: hi [9:20 PM]

LFP6: Hey Jen! [9:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl:  just got home [9:20 PM]

LFP6: We're oh so close to the conference :) [9:20 PM]

LFP6: I do have a question for you [9:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yep [9:20 PM]

whbob: You've done a great job lfp6 & jen :)   [9:20 PM]

LFP6: For the opening remarks, who should do that? I should be able to peek in for the first hour or so [9:20 PM]

LFP6: You'll be there in person [9:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: lfp6 gets all the credit [9:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yes i will be [9:21 PM]

LFP6: Haha, could not have done it myself for sure [9:21 PM]

LFP6: Dunno if that's something you want to tag team, or [9:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: last year it was Rhiju [9:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I really have nto been around enough this ast year to feel able to give an opening speach honestly [9:22 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i woudl rather someone who has been in the thick of it [9:23 PM]

LFP6: I was immediately thinking of just the introduction [9:24 PM]

LFP6: Welcome, conduct, etc [9:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i could do the opening rules and what not and bring up the code of conduct and then pass it off [9:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: kinda like last year [9:24 PM]

LFP6: Would you prefer you or I doing that [9:25 PM]

Astromon: hi guys [9:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: its your baby [9:24 PM]

LFP6: Hey [9:25 PM]

LFP6: Haha [9:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i would enjoy doing it [9:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: but i think you would too [9:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i messed up last years so a redo would be cool [9:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i could not find my code of conduct slide at teh last minute [9:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that is why i wrote stuff on the whiteboard [9:26 PM]

Astromon: oH haha [9:27 PM]

LFP6: Aah [9:27 PM]

Astromon: i had no idea it seemed good [9:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: adapt and overcome [9:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: its hard sometimes [9:26 PM]

Astromon: woOt! [9:28 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: so i have som ecool data to share at eternacone about ED and fold change [9:27 PM]

Astromon: any questions for me i gtg [9:28 PM]

Astromon: sounds good jen [9:29 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: astro can you send me a text file with a list of your good designs [9:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: and bad ones [9:27 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: using ED [9:28 PM]

Astromon: there all in my profile [9:29 PM]

Astromon: oH [9:29 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: when you were predicting low ed thus good designs [9:28 PM]

Astromon: like the one i sent to your pm slack? [9:30 PM]

Astromon: i can find a few more of those [9:30 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I have access to all the designs and their data so if you tell me what hashtags you used I can search for those as well [9:29 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i would prefere text file with names . if you wnat to send me pics like that then you can send me the hashtags [9:29 PM]

Astromon: thats the thing most of my ed hashtag stuf is from round 106 those hasntr come out yet [9:31 PM]

Astromon: the first of the small switches [9:31 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I got R106 data  [9:30 PM]

Astromon: but i can find designs that scored well w/ low ed and same designs w/ low scores w/ high ed [9:31 PM]

Astromon: like what i sent to your slack pm [9:32 PM]

Astromon: i might have the round numbers wrong [9:32 PM]

Astromon: its the round that hasnt come out yet* [9:32 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: teh latest is R108 that is missing data [9:30 PM]

Astromon: [9:34 PM]

Astromon: ** trhats the one im talking [9:34 PM]

Astromon: ^^* [9:34 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that should be r108 [9:32 PM]

Astromon: they have had a hard time getting resuts for that [9:34 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yeah [9:32 PM]

Astromon: ok [9:34 PM]

Astromon: yeah i beleive thats where most of my ed data will be [9:35 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. too bad [9:34 PM]

Astromon: i know!  :( [9:36 PM]

Astromon: but there are other ways of getting ed data [9:37 PM]

Astromon: look at high designs and check ed then take same name design where it scored low and i fing many have higher ed levels [9:38 PM]

Astromon: thats how i came up with the data i sent you in pm slack [9:39 PM]

Astromon: let me know if you would like for me to dig up some more examples like that<< bbl< [9:43 PM]

Astromon: go eternacon17!! [9:43 PM]

whbob: I'll check in on slack tomorrow, but traveling on Friday. [9:46 PM]

LFP6: Jennifer: And you'll be cool with taking charge Saturday? [9:48 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yep [9:45 PM]

LFP6: (And just in person, generally) [9:48 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i got Saturdaay [9:46 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: do i need to do intro [9:46 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: wait of course [9:46 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: sorry very tired working on my presentation. goinginto some detail about Ensemble Diversity [9:47 PM]

LFP6: If you could, I'd appreciate that - I'll talk to Rhiju if there's anything he wants to say. Otherwise, I might soapbox for a few minutes :) [9:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: found a pretty consistent logarithmic realtionship of ED to foldchange [9:47 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: as Ed gets lower teh fold change increases [9:48 PM]

Astromon: and a high fold change is good [9:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: Let me know hwat Rhiju says and I will plan accordingly. do ou wan tto speak fro amoment? [9:49 PM]

Astromon: from what little i know of it [9:53 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yeah if you look at ED and etrna score its not very impressive [9:50 PM]

Astromon: thats a good finding jen [9:53 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: but when you look at fold change it gets clearere [9:50 PM]

Astromon: aH [9:53 PM]

LFP6: Jen: Yeah, at any rate I'd like to say hello and thanks to everyone who helped out [9:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: you can have designs that score 100 but have bad fold cahnge [9:50 PM]

Astromon: low? [9:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. i will do the intro. welcome to eternacon 2017 here are the rules and maybe rhiju speaks then I hand it off to you to. [9:51 PM]

Astromon: low fold change* [9:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: @astro yes low fold change [9:51 PM]

LFP6: Probably have me talk first [9:55 PM]

LFP6: Then either of us could introduce him [9:55 PM]

Astromon: so then its good fold change if the score is good? [9:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: so you do intro then pass off to rhiju and i do rules and kick off the event [9:52 PM]

Astromon: so fold change in good scores differ [9:56 PM]

Astromon: some high some low [9:56 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: @astro im not sure i understand [9:53 PM]

LFP6: @Jen: Maybe myself then you then Rhiju? [9:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that sounds good [9:53 PM]

Astromon: you said high eterna scores can come from low foldchange [9:57 PM]

LFP6: Or you then me then him :P [9:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or him then you then me then astro [9:54 PM]

LFP6: Might be a little weird for me to start since it's ditital [9:58 PM]

Astromon: so that tells me it can be high or low fold change there is another thing we need to look at [9:58 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: sorry so many choices [9:54 PM]

Astromon: maybe the ed [9:58 PM]

Astromon: haha [9:58 PM]

Astromon: leave me out of the intro unless you want to thank me for something hehe [9:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: @lfp6 i forgot you wil be digital [9:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ill start. intro then pass to you then have rhiju speak  [9:56 PM]

LFP6: Mmk [10:00 PM]

Astromon: perfect [10:00 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ill just establuch rules and policy and launch eternacon. ill then hand to you for you to give opening remarks from a player perspective then hand to rhiju for his side [9:57 PM]

Astromon: sounds good [10:02 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: hellos [10:03 PM]

Astromon: heya TD [10:03 PM]

whbob: gtg, good night all.  Looking forward to the weekend. [10:03 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: night whbob [10:04 PM]

Astromon: seeya bob i put some of the boosters history in my latest slide  if ya want to ck it out [10:04 PM]

whbob: will do Astro, thanks [10:05 PM]

Astromon: thnaks you too ! [10:05 PM]

Astromon: looking forward to seeing yours but im going to wait live! [10:06 PM]

LFP6: Ok, anything else? [10:07 PM]

Astromon: the whole schedule looks awesome [10:07 PM]

Astromon: nothing here im good to go! [10:08 PM]

Astromon: Than ks lfp6 for doing this! and all [10:08 PM]

Tesla'sDisciple: I'm about to book a shuttle from the airport to the Cardinal, wondering if anyone else is coming in around the same time/airport [10:08 PM]

Astromon: omei might [10:09 PM]

Astromon: he mentioned car pooling w/ him couple weeks ago [10:09 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: im good [10:09 PM]

LFP6: Cool [10:10 PM]

Astromon: safe traveling everyone! [10:11 PM]

Astromon: holler on slack if i can help w/ anything< [10:12 PM]

LFP6: All right, have a good night all! Will get the log up in a bit [10:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: @lfp6 you will be htere sunday though right? [10:12 PM]

LFP6: Digital only [10:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or will you be ther at all saturday? [10:12 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. wasnt sure for  second [10:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: wish you could be there [10:13 PM]

LFP6: I won't be there most of Sat, but Sunday is good [10:14 PM]

LFP6: Oh, btw we'll be adjusting the minor permission slip thing to list you and Johan [10:14 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok [10:13 PM]