Eternacon/2017/Committee Meeting Chat Logs/10-11-2017

From Eterna Wiki

LFP6: Hmmm, looks like attendance is light as usual for the Eternacon chat. I'll wait for a bit to start unless anyone objects [8:02 PM]

LFP6: Should've made it 8:30! [8:02 PM]

Astromon: hey [8:12 PM]

Astromon: here for the chat<<  :D [8:13 PM]

LFP6: I'm guessing Jennifer will be a bit late again [8:13 PM]

Astromon: cooL [8:14 PM]

Astromon: we can wait [8:14 PM]

LFP6: I have homework to do anyhow [8:14 PM]

lroppy: I'm here amigos [8:14 PM]

LFP6: Oh hey Lroppy! [8:15 PM]

Astromon: hey lro  :D [8:15 PM]

LFP6: .jieux [8:15 PM]

JieuxBot: How's flips? [8:15 PM]

LFP6: :) [8:15 PM]

lroppy: hi all [8:15 PM]

Astromon: haha jx is here too splendid [8:15 PM]

lroppy: I see him on monday [8:15 PM]

Astromon: Lucky tou [8:16 PM]

lroppy: are we trying to deal with any issues for eternacon [8:17 PM]

lroppy: or just chillin' [8:17 PM]

LFP6: Yeah, we are [8:17 PM]

lroppy: topic? [8:17 PM]

LFP6: No one was here yet so I was just delaying a bit [8:17 PM]

LFP6: Topic? "Eternacon is in a week and a half. What needs to get done pronto?" [8:18 PM]

ZachFR: sorry im late [8:18 PM]

lroppy: no clue [8:18 PM]

LFP6: Hey! np [8:18 PM]

LFP6: We have a spreadsheet with current statuses of things: [8:19 PM]

lroppy: what is hanging in the breeze? [8:19 PM]

lroppy: just put something on the table [8:20 PM]

LFP6: So, looking at the sheet: Finish the invite packet, figure out who the contacts at the con should be, directions & oarking info, schedule finalizations, A/V, minor permission slip, Saturday's dinner, Catering, Shirts/posters/nametags, and "how do people [8:21 PM]

get paid?"

LFP6: Many of these are in progress [8:22 PM]

lroppy: which feels like it is NOT moving [8:22 PM]

ZachFR: well, lets go down one at a  time, and see what we can do [8:23 PM]

LFP6: I think the answer to this is going through them one at a time and either taking care of it or figuring out what specifically is up in the air [8:23 PM]

LFP6: Yeah [8:23 PM]

lroppy: anything that is "invite packet" should get finalized this week [8:23 PM]

LFP6: Lets start there [8:23 PM]

Astromon: hey Zack [8:23 PM]

lroppy: otherwise folks might not be able to react to it [8:23 PM]

LFP6: [8:24 PM]

lroppy: it has many probs [8:25 PM]

lroppy: Pablo is no longer the contact person [8:25 PM]

lroppy: he no longer works there [8:25 PM]

LFP6: Anyone should be able to make edit suggestions [8:25 PM]

LFP6: So lets try to fill out as much as possible [8:25 PM]

lroppy: need name of contact person to replace Pablo [8:25 PM]

ZachFR: well i'd try to make the schedule up -to-date [8:26 PM]

lroppy: someone who has the data needs to just do it [8:27 PM]

lroppy: we cannot write it via chat [8:27 PM]

LFP6: In-progress schedule: [8:28 PM]

LFP6: All this stuff has public edit suggestions enabled btw @lroppy [8:28 PM]

lroppy: cannot help without data [8:29 PM]

lroppy: who replaces Pablo [8:30 PM]

LFP6: Oh, that [8:30 PM]

ZachFR: first day's schedule has an extra column [8:30 PM]

LFP6: Hm, lets create a document so that remember what we need to ask who about [8:30 PM]

Astromon: sounds good [8:31 PM]

lroppy: you have lost me [8:31 PM]

lroppy: good luck [8:31 PM]

LFP6: [8:31 PM]

LFP6: Wait, no, let me do Google sheets [8:32 PM]

LFP6: I'll just put it in a new tab of the task list [8:32 PM]

LFP6: Ok, so we need to ask Rhiju and/or Amanda about the contacts [8:34 PM]

Astromon: we managed last year was a success! This isnt our first rodeo  :D [8:34 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: hi [8:49 PM]

LFP6: Hey Jen! [8:49 PM]

Astromon: hey jen  :D [8:49 PM]

LFP6: I took a look at the todo list, and it looks like what we have left is essentially: Finish the invite packet, figure out who the contacts at the con should be, directions & oarking info, schedule finalizations, A/V, minor permission slip, Saturday's [8:49 PM]

dinner, Catering, Shirts/posters/nametags, and "how do people get paid?"

LFP6: I'm working on the first one [8:50 PM]

LFP6: [8:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: we need to get A/V buttoned down for sure  [8:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: the invite packet and the directins dot need to be top grade. we are down to the wire so we may need to cut a few corners [8:53 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: directions need to be good for how to get to the building of couse [8:54 PM]

LFP6: I created a new sheet on the task list for specific things that we need to have people do [8:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: although im sure if you googel it it will show yu the exact location. it did with La Ka Shing [8:54 PM]

LFP6: Btw [8:54 PM]

LFP6: "We will have staff on site to guide conference participants from 8 am to 9:30 am and 15 minutes before and after lunches" [8:54 PM]

LFP6: I'm assuming we can swing this? [8:54 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: there iwll be someone int eh room from 8 to 9:30am [8:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: and there will be soemone around durring lunch... somewhere [8:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i plan on being there both days from start to finihs [8:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: earlier there too [8:55 PM]

Astromon: YAY jen! [8:56 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i honestly think we are getting too involved with teh invite pakcet [9:07 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: it needs to be pared down a bit i think if we are to send it out this week [9:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: which we really should do [9:08 PM]

LFP6: Are we going to need to nix the schedule [9:08 PM]

LFP6: I'd really prefer not to do that' [9:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think since it is still fluid [9:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i understand [9:08 PM]

LFP6: Link to it at least, perhaps [9:08 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yes definitly a link [9:09 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: we could send out  a mass email just befero the event as well with the schedule once it is finalized [9:09 PM]

LFP6: Sounds like a good idea [9:10 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: we can put just teh essentials in teh packet [9:10 PM]

LFP6: Ok, I think we should go with a link for the schedule [9:10 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: makes sense. so someonce can enter it manually [9:11 PM]

LFP6: Yup [9:11 PM]

LFP6: Shoot, thought you could do a custom link [9:11 PM]

LFP6: Tinyurl it is [9:11 PM]

LFP6: How about [9:12 PM]

LFP6: Is that good, or go with something shorter> [9:13 PM]

LFP6: *? [9:13 PM]

LFP6: Or just use a with random text [9:13 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: eternacon2017sched [9:14 PM]

LFP6: Done [9:15 PM]

LFP6: Ok, what else do you want to cut? [9:15 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: um [9:17 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: actually it seams teh rest is still relavant from teh first year [9:18 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: maybe cut the graphic of the google map of the location of the event [9:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or do a new one [9:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: and cange from La Ka Shing to the new place [9:19 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: id say unless we are up for verifying the info in the transportation section we toss that.  [9:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: oI only say that becausee the info may have changed. but if someone its up to check the info/price and numbers then im ok with it staying [9:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: Reimbursments just needs to be updated to have people vring their receipts for travel and lodging and we will discuss reimbursment at teh conference [9:22 PM]

LFP6: Travel info should probably ve verified with Amanda [9:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: maybe send people who have requested assistance a seperate email and just leave out the travel reimburment stuff from the main packet. if they havnt asked for it yet it is too late.? [9:23 PM]

LFP6: Good point - maybe a reminder, "if you asked for travel assistance..." [9:23 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: that would work [9:24 PM]

LFP6: Could you help write up specific questions we need to ask Amanda about travel? [9:24 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: where do you want me to send them? I will write tehm up now and send them to you [9:24 PM]

LFP6: Put it in the 10/11 sheet on the Task List [9:25 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i can never find the task list [9:26 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i keep losing the link [9:26 PM]

LFP6: [9:26 PM]

LFP6: I should really add the link to the Drive on the Wiki [9:26 PM]

Astromon: someone was here asking for rhiju and how to sign up for eternacon, name was mummiebrain  [9:32 PM]

LFP6: Thanks, will shoot out a PM right now [9:33 PM]

Astromon: i sent them a pm the sign up shhet [9:33 PM]

LFP6: Which one? [9:33 PM]

Astromon: the origonal one [9:33 PM]

Astromon: the general one [9:33 PM]

LFP6: If just attending virtually, we don't need people to register [9:33 PM]

Astromon: sounded like he wanted to go go [9:34 PM]

Astromon: he/she [9:34 PM]

LFP6: If they want to attend in person or present, they should probably get in touch directly, via [9:34 PM]

Astromon: ok [9:34 PM]

LFP6: For future reference - I'll go try to get in touch now though [9:34 PM]

Astromon: cool [9:34 PM]

LFP6: What you could use if anyone else asks - "If you're looking to attend in-person or make a presentation, please email ASAP. The registration deadline has technically passed, but we may still be able to get you fully registered [9:36 PM]

(otherwise, food, shirt, etc may not be available).

LFP6: " [9:36 PM]

LFP6: Try that again [9:37 PM]

LFP6: If you're looking to attend in-person or make a presentation, please email ASAP. The registration deadline has technically passed, but we may still be able to get you fully registered (otherwise, food, shirt, etc may not be [9:37 PM]


LFP6: Almost got past the character limit! Anyhow [9:37 PM]

LFP6: Oh wait [9:37 PM]

LFP6: If you're looking to attend in-person or make a presentation, please email ASAP. The registration deadline has technically passed, but we may still be able to get you fully registered (otherwise, food, shirt, etc may not be available). [9:37 PM]

LFP6: There we go, now easily copy-pasteable [9:38 PM]

Astromon: haha [9:38 PM]

Astromon: copy and paste is the best thing ever [9:40 PM]

Astromon: id like more option in the submenue though [9:40 PM]

Astromon: like copy open new tab paste and go [9:40 PM]

LFP6: @Jennifer - Looking at the schedule. Could you look at the second tab I made and see what you think once you have a sec? [9:47 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. do we have anyone who can pickup minors fro the airport [9:49 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i cant drive [9:49 PM]

LFP6: Hasn't been discussed [9:49 PM]

LFP6: I think we have two minors - Epicfalcon and MasterStormer [9:49 PM]

LFP6: FYI [9:49 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok so lets just figure people have a ride? [9:49 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or add if they need assistance to email the ertrnacon email [9:50 PM]

LFP6: The official word was "you're in charge of getting transport from the airport, we'll reimburse" [9:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. but for special assistance maybe [9:50 PM]

LFP6: Or something along those lines (see the latest news article) [9:50 PM]

LFP6: Right, right [9:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: we could foot the bill for a lyft or something [9:51 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: or a cab would be better [9:51 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: for that [9:51 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: with rhijus credit card..:) [9:51 PM]

LFP6: Afaik they just need to provide the reciept [9:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i see your not about transportation. [9:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. that works [9:52 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: im editing and verifying the info for the transportation myself right now [9:53 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: need specifics for transportation durring conference form cardinal [9:56 PM]

LFP6: I think there was discussion of carpooling? [9:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. so do we have people email the eternacon address if they are at th e cardinal and need help [9:58 PM]

LFP6: ? [9:58 PM]

LFP6: Oh, how do we arrange the carpooling instead of just hoping everything works on arrival? :P [9:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i only ask that because of the note int eh news about transportation durring at teh cardinal [10:02 PM]

LFP6: As I said, the idea was people would carpool [10:02 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. so people meet up and figure  it out [10:03 PM]

BioLogique: How can I get a lab accès? [9:58 PM]

LFP6: To add to the list of things we need to make sure happen: Ask Amanda/Rhiju about a contingency plan if we end up without enough cars [10:04 PM]

LFP6: @BioLogique: You need to finish the tutorial puzzles (you can see how far you are along on the main page) [10:04 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i woudl say we put in teh notive then that carpooling will be vailable on a first come first serve basisi [10:04 PM]

LFP6: Yeah [10:05 PM]

LFP6: I'll double check though [10:05 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think we should have people contact the email address if they need help from the cardinal [10:07 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: will make it more structured and we can put that on the invite package [10:07 PM]

BioLogique: LFP6 :  I did all the tutorial!  :) [10:03 PM]

Astromon: WTG Bio!!! [10:08 PM]

LFP6: What do you see on your homepage Bio? [10:08 PM]

BioLogique: ... I think that I miss the last ... super computer here I am! [10:05 PM]

LFP6: [10:10 PM]

LFP6: Aah, ok [10:10 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: what do you think LFP6 [10:10 PM]

LFP6: "Carpooling will be organized on-site, please contact if you will need transportation" [10:11 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: yep sounds good [10:11 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: what is the email again [10:11 PM]

LFP6: And I will ask Rhiju and Amanda about it, since I have a couple things to verify [10:11 PM]

LFP6: Just because [10:11 PM]

LFP6: [10:11 PM]

Astromon: Congratulations bio!  [10:12 PM]

Astromon: your on the last leg [10:13 PM]

LFP6: Jennifer - Anything I can help you with? [10:22 PM]

Astromon: Your rolling! [10:29 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: um [10:40 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: what do you think of teh invite pakaet now? [10:42 PM]

LFP6: The "conference location" section still needs adjustment... [10:46 PM]

LFP6: I'm rebuilding the map now [10:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i see [11:15 PM]

LFP6: @Jennifer - I'm going to add a couple things back in, as I don't see why they shouldn't be applicable. I fi can't get a quick response from Amanda, I'll remove them [11:16 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. [11:16 PM]

LFP6: Namely public transit and the suggestions for parking [11:16 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: only thing left after that is unpadting ht contacts [11:16 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: updating the contacts [11:17 PM]

LFP6: Btw, would it be helpful for you to do the stream dry run with Amanda? [11:18 PM]

LFP6: Ok [11:19 PM]

LFP6: Schedule finalizations - could you take a look at the adjustments I made?  [11:20 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: when woudl we and what would it entail [11:20 PM]

LFP6: When may be a factor of it staff availability, otherwise just finding a time with her - I just want to make sure the stream can be scheduled, started, and administered, and played back OK [11:21 PM]

LFP6: Figuring out the UI and so [11:21 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. lets do that mid next week [11:21 PM]

LFP6: I'd head that up but I won't be there for day 1 [11:22 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ok. [11:27 PM]

LFP6: Could you look at the schedule changes I made? [11:30 PM]

LFP6: [11:30 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: I sent a message to amanda [11:30 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think it looks ok. nothing jumps out as bad [11:34 PM]

LFP6: You see how I made a couple adjustments? [11:35 PM]

LFP6: Unless Whbob/Astro should be swapped with Brourd/ZachFR? [11:36 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i see the changes on sunday [11:36 PM]

LFP6: I moved Astro's session. What do you think about the swap I just suggested? It would even out the content types [11:37 PM]

LFP6: Well, I wouldn't be able to talk to the booster, but that would be limited for me anyhow [11:37 PM]

LFP6: Jen - would you be ok with the swap? [11:50 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: um [11:55 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: i think the swapp would be better [11:56 PM]

LFP6: Swap it is then [11:57 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: astrois doing the booster right [11:57 PM]

LFP6: mhm [11:57 PM]

Astromon: yup< [11:58 PM]

LFP6: Ok, this is the new legit schedule [11:58 PM]

Astromon: boostermon [11:58 PM]

LFP6: Ok Jen, any thoughts about the permission slip? Maybe just check if/to whom we change the names to? [11:59 PM]

Jennifer Pearl: ? [0:00 AM]

Jennifer Pearl: change name to? [0:00 AM]

LFP6: There are names of "adult members" who had authorization [0:01 AM]

Astromon: onsite shap changed [0:01 AM]

LFP6: To make any necessary medical decisions or so [0:01 AM]

Astromon: I am diabetic there will need to be cake [0:02 AM]

Jennifer Pearl: we mainly need that info  [0:01 AM]

LFP6: Ok, I'll add that to my list [0:02 AM]

LFP6: Also, would you be able to contact Dr. Wilson, Dr. Chang, and Dr. Marquez to verify timing is good and get their session titles? [0:02 AM]

Jennifer Pearl: need to authorize us to bring to hospital [0:02 AM]

LFP6: mhm [0:02 AM]

Jennifer Pearl: I can do it tomorrow.please email me their contact info [0:03 AM]

LFP6: Will do, thanks [0:03 AM]

Astromon: Thanks jen! [0:03 AM]

LFP6: Ok, I have a bunch of lingering questions mainly for Amanda and Rhiju. I'll make sure they get those [0:03 AM]

Astromon: cool  [0:05 AM]

Astromon: Great work team! things are rolling now! [0:06 AM]

LFP6: Ok, thanks for the help guys! Long one tonight :) [0:07 AM]

Astromon: oh is it over already :D [0:07 AM]

LFP6: Excited to see the fruits of our efforts! [0:07 AM]

LFP6: Yep :) [0:07 AM]

Jennifer Pearl: good night [0:07 AM]

LFP6: I'll get a chat log up soon [0:07 AM]